Informing and raising awareness among the population
- Prepare and disseminate accurate, pertinent and accessible information on the facts and risks related to addictions and make it available to the public;
- Ensure the adequate transfer of information through media in order to correctly raise awareness among the general population.
Support the stakeholders in the field
- Follow research developments in the field of prevention and treatment of addictions at Quebec’s, Canada’s and international levels;
- Create partnerships in cooperation with organizations that pursues anti-addiction goals;
- Providing, specialized studies, notices, guides and tools to put scientific knowledge to its best use in solving problems that stem from addictions;
- Disseminate apposite scientific knowledge leading to the development of better practices (Web site, newsletters, conferences, etc.);
- Promote the development of evidence-based, efficient practices.
Sustain a communication network with partners
- Develop a communication network with partners pursuing anti-addiction goals at local, regional, national and international levels;
- Enrich practitioners reflection through the dissemination of knowledge, directions and actions required to fight off addictions;
- Reinforce the most promising initiatives (clinics, community-based, educational, judicial, etc.);
- Provide and facilitate access to tools and guides for practitioners.
Monitor the evolution of addiction-related phenomena
- Collect, analyse and synthesize reliable data with regards to addictions;
- Analyse the general situation in Quebec pertaining to addiction-related issues and identify key tendencies concerning:
- the use of psychotropic drugs, problem gambling, anti-tobacco initiatives etc.;
- the damaging effects caused by their use;
- the new emerging phenomena;
- the solutions to problems noted in different areas of intervention.